The Lockness thread dump analyzer is a nice plugin in Eclipse you can use to analyze Java thread dumps. The things I have used it for:
- See if there is a deadlock
- Find out what thread is blocking what (Lock following)
- Quickly browse to source code from thread dump
How to install:
- Download the jar file from http://lockness.plugin.free.fr/home.php
- Place the jar file in Eclipse dropins directory
- Restart Eclipse
- Save the dump to a text file. For example "dump.txt"
- Right click on the dump and choose Open with -> Lockness
More information and usage can be found in the link above.
Post a Comment